Sunday, February 23, 2014

The following is Blog post number nineteen and it is entitled: Standing on the Calling of God.

Standing on the Calling of God

Okay so let me share the conversation that we just had. I want to say first that we are about to make a series of six Blog posts that may shake the consciousness of some of my best friends and loves. If you are in the least bit offended by what is coming let me now ask universally for your forgiveness; as I mean no such offense whatever it may be. Let me also: 1) remind you of my deep love and affection for you, 2) remind you that you mostly share my views, though you may not like to talk about them, and 3) remind you that you know my heart and my calling to take on what seems like an impossible task, which as you know of me is what I am always doing.
            The conversation that we just had was in this fashion: “Lord this job is for the White man to do. Not me.” Response: “Do what I long ago told you to do.” That’s it. That’s the whole conversation.
This quest for Racial Reconciliation in America has long been on my heart and is the reason for many of the choices that I have made; very personal private choices. What has forever been a thought uppermost in my mind is that this quest really is one that should be orchestrated – even lead by a White human being. I still think President Bill Clinton should be the one doing this thing. The other day I suggested that what we are missing is a 21st Century John Brown and I was reminded that we are engaged in war prevention not war starting. As my precious daughter Sarah, so aptly put it the other day when asked which side she would fight on when the revolution comes: “I am not here to fight in the revolution I am here to prevent the revolution!”
Beloved I am here and have always been here for the purpose of love peace and reconciliation. My life story represents this, though I have engaged rebellion. I confess to you that my soul wants to do what I am as good as some and better than most at doing; something I truly miss doing and that is making money. Lot’s of it. On this my soul and I are at war. Here I am doing this “monk” life. Making money is what I really know how to do and I am swinging in the dark on this quest. So I honestly solicit your prayers patience and good will, as with all diligence I am trying to follow the Holy Spirit.
Now I am to also share something with you that was kept secret all my life until I was instructed to put it in the book Become Perfect 2007©. I grew up in a small country town in northeastern Kansas. Not far from Kansas City. I am the youngest of ten children of an amazing father and mother. My mother had a gift that is called foreknowledge; she often knew what was going to happen before it did. By God’s grace I have this gift; it has served me well over the years.
Late on a Friday night, and in the dark of Saturday morning; in the middle of May 1956, an event occurred at 1126 Oak Street, Eudora, Kansas. I was awakened, the how is not important only the why. Being a hot summer night as was normal in those days we slept with the door open. We were more than one child in a bed. The point is I was wide awake, not experiencing a dream or a vision but was awake as I went to the screen door. I looked outside at a bright light. With no fear I went outside onto the porch.
To my amazement descending from the sky was who I assumed was Jesus Christ. Though young I knew the Lord. He had a staff in His right hand. He was beckoning me with His left hand as He was hovering in the yard. I started down the steps and was going to Him. When I got to the bottom of the steps I stopped as thoughts of not seeing my mother again came rushing over me. The figure stopped beckoning to me and went up and away.
            I told no one except my mother who was not surprised just comforting. At church on Sunday the Reverend Moses Williams Pastor of First Baptist Church of Eudora, Kansas, stopped in the middle of his sermon and told me to come to the front of the church. I didn’t want to but did in obedience as one always did in those days. The Pastor went on to tell the congregation about this “Word from the Lord” that he had received on Friday night that “this boy here is going to be a great preacher some day.”
Back in those days if a Black boy could utter a few sentences together he was going to be a great preacher someday! Most Black mothers hoped so. I was having none of that. I knew exactly what I was going to be! I was going to be a running back for the Kansas City Chiefs and a businessman after that. After service my mother and I talked extensively about all that had transpired.
I was so angry and upset telling her that I was gonna be a rich man so I could take care of her. I had become fearful and as I cried and fussed she grabbed me by my shoulders when she said, “Don’t you worry about me boy. You are going to preach what’s in that Book!” I was nine years old that summer and was baptized in August. This true story has haunted me all of my life; it has affected many of my choices in life.
Most assuredly, from a young age I did become a student of the Holy Bible. Every preacher that I have ever met has thought without question that I am a preacher. I can preach and consider myself more of a teacher. I have never been in a Black Church and not invited to sit in the Pulpit section, though on many occasions for years I refused the invitation.
Yes, I am an ordained man of God, by God and by man. However, I did not go on to become some great preacher. Nor did I make it to the KC Chiefs as a player though I am a fanatic. What I did go on to do is have a very successful business career and what my dad was unable by circumstance to provide my mother I did. Now I live like a monk, who is trying to stop a race war. Go figure! Please pray for me when you pray. That I do God's Will not my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment