Thursday, February 20, 2014

The following is blog post number seventeen: and it is entitled: What I Believe.

WHAT I BELIEVE

I have a precious niece on the West Coast who sent me a Facebook message last night while I was sleeping. She wanted to let me know that she was going to read my blog. She also wanted to let me know that she does not believe in perfection or in religion. So that's how I have started my day! :-) It was the first thing that I saw on here. I so love this woman, my sister’s baby for the rest of her life.

Her comment prompts me to provide a “what I believe” message for all of you just in case it matters to you. What I believe is Jesus Christ and all that is contained in who He is; including that He came to Earth to change things back to the way that they were originally meant to be. That informs the basis of what I believe. More specifically, this is what without equivocation I believe:
1) Love fellowship eternal life and power over evil is the inheritance that Jesus Christ gave to me; I receive that inheritance with great reverence humility and gratitude.
2) I walk this Earth in power and I will never die. I will not be amazed if someday that I am just gone. That I just leave here.
3) I believe that a human spirit that has truly accepted Jesus Christ becomes perfect when that happens.
4) I believe that my spirit is the real me and is perfect.
5) I believe that every single day my soul remains at war with me and is close to defeat. I pray that I dominate my soul every single day.
6) I believe that my physical body which houses my spirit and my soul is at war with aging and the elements.
7) I believe most of all that LOVE never fails. That LOVE is sacrifice. If a failure happened love had nothing whatsoever to do with the matter.

Now as regards my blog. As a human being we dwell in the realm of what appears to be impossible. Become Perfect! Racial Reconciliation in America! Impossible concepts in which to dwell and yet that is where we choose to dwell. You know what? I should probably post this. Think I will do that.

I would appreciate it if everyone takes the time and reads the blog. If you do you will find that it is really mostly about love, which quite frankly is all that I am about. Right now on the blog I am engaged in trying to do what my high school mates and I said that we were going to do: make the nation a better place. I believe that we will not get better unless we are better. That is something that first requires wanting to be. There will always be some hold outs to comity, but that should be such a small group that their influence is not controlling.

If we continue with all of this anger bitterness hatred and resentment witnessed today: as a nation we will never become what we were supposed to be. This nation is doomed if we do not change. We will be destroyed from within. Of this we are certain.  I owe to my children and their children a better place than this. I may sound preachy, but don't we all have a dog in this fight? At the core: love hope and change, that is what the blog is really about; an attempt to make the United States a better country for our kids and their kids.

As always I love ya'll, and thank you Jesus!

No comments:

Post a Comment